2018–06–18 : Origami Network update #6 — Partnerships, roadmap, project updates…
First of all we want to thank you all for your support. It has helped us a lot as we have been working diligently on our products.
As a reminder, Origami Network is a protocol for building marketplaces. It solves several existing problems related to online marketplace development and maintenance, escrow payments, and decentralized trusted reviews.
Here is the sixth bi-weekly update regarding the project.
Event & Partnerships
We will be attending the Euratech Days the 21st of June. We will have a booth presenting Origami Network with a demonstration.
This event will feature multiple prominent groups, covered extensively through various media channels and platforms, allowing us to increase the ORI awareness, and to present our product to various interested parties. It will be a great event to meet potential clients for Origami Network.
We would be happy to meet with you given the chance.
More information: http://www.euratechday.com/
Partnership with Diatly
We are happy to announce a new partnership with the French start-up Diatly.
Diatly is a platform helping Marketplace operators build their catalogs. It will help our customers to improve their exposure and thus increase their revenue.
This partnership will help Origami Network get more clients that want to grow their catalogs faster. It will also prove that Origami Marketplace is ready to manage vast amounts of products and services.
More information: https://diatly.com/
New Origami Review Roadmap
We are pleased to announce the new Origami Review Roadmap. As stated the launch is during Q3.
Our goal is to provide the Origami Review system, both on our marketplace stack, and on other websites that need review systems, such as reservation platform and booking platforms…
The Origami Review will work with Origami Payment within an ecosystem. We will use Origami Payment to allow marketplace operators and sellers to subscribe to the services through the ORI Payment gateway.
July: Alpha version
- Gathering order data to send appropriate mail to customers
- IPFS Integration + Ethereum signature
- Moderation system (will be amended in the future)
- Reward system
- Boostrapping FrontOffice & BackOffice
August: Beta version
- ORI payment to purchase Review subscription
- FrontOffice & BackOffice enhancement
- Stress Test
September: Live version
- Implementation of external APIs
- Integration to CMS
Our development team is working confidently on tuning and improving the marketplace stack as well as on the decentralized systems. The development on said module ismade to improve the product in order to provide the best protocol in the market.
Below you will find the latest Origami release notes. This will give you a nice thorough view of the updates and improvements made to the module for the past two weeks.
Origami Marketplace Changelogs 1.1.4b
- You can synchronise your catalog and order with Diatly
- Origami Prestashop connector is not editable by Seller / Operator
- A feed is automatically created when Diatly connector is enable
- Add Diatly connector product synchronisation (with images & variants management)
- It’s now possible to import multiple images on products
- Add scheduled task who synchronize all enable connector every x minutes
- Add Diatly order synchronisation
- You can now see all synchronized products by connectors
- Add synchronization logs to know which synchro has failed and when a connector delete a product, it’s stock is set to 0 on Origmami Marketplace
- Add CSV connector
- Feed creation form is now more intuitive
- Bug fix on the review form
Origami Review IPFS Integration
Origami Review will work with IPFS for the review system. The review will be signed and stored on the IPFS network. The IPFS node containing the review will be stored in the Ethereum blockchain.
This allows customers to publish a review only be signing it, so they will not have to pay gas to write large quantity of data in the Ethereum blockchain.
It will also be much faster since IPFS is a P2P protocol. The security and transparency of the data is still guaranteed by Ethereum. We keep the best of the two worlds.
We are currently speaking with multiples integrators allowing to distribute the Origami Network protocol to various type of customers.
It will allow to spread the protocol faster, and penetrate new markets.
If you are working for a software company, have a marketplace project, and want to propose the Origami Network Solution, do not hesitate to send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are working on the general design of our different brands (eg Origami Marketplace, Origami Review and Origami Payment). Thus, each brand will be defined individually, creating its own identity in the process, leading to a concise, and yet harmonious integration of three complementary modules.
In the following weeks, we will be updating the websites and all of our communication supports to best outline and increase the exposure of our products.
How to use ORI tokens
ORI tokens will have multiple use cases, here providing a select few :
For the customers
- Convert ORIs in vouchers and use them on our partners’ websites
- Directly spend your ORI tokens on websites using Origami Payment
For the sellers
- Launching your marketplace using Origami (monthly fees)
- Reward the customers for posting reviews
- Promote products on the marketplace
Hiring : we need you!
Some great opportunities are currently open.
- Back-end developer — We are looking for a Back-end developer who has a strong interest in blockchain technology, open-source, decentralization, security, and testing.
- Business developer — We are looking for a business developer who has a strong interest in blockchain technology and SaaS business model.
Please apply : email@example.com
You have a company/project and want to launch your online marketplace?
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org